Dad and I were biking along tiny Parisien back streets, when to the left, I caught a glimpse of a small square that looked enchanting. We went in search and found this tiny square street that wrapped around a tall tree with shops on either side. I recognized the word chou which means cream puff. And I knew if this was a cream puff shop on a quiet street, it had to be special. You should have seen Dad's face when he made the connection--which led to him putting down his bike and marching straight in.
He purchased au chocolat and naturel. The cream was pure heaven.
The funny thing is that under "La Maison Du Chou" are the words-Manuel Martinez, Meilleur Ouvrier De France. Translated literally means: The best worker in France. Which is really an honor bestowed by a cullinary arts school or board or something. And when I asked the workers, yes Monseiur Martinez is from Spain-a Basque. He also has a restaurant which we will find and eat at. This could be one of Tony's relatives. How fitting that he has a cream puff shop. Yes, girls, this may be in your genes. And eventually in your jeans.
Sunday, July 14, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
haha, that is hilarious. Jeans/genes indeed. I can just see Dad, with his undivided attention marching in there. I can literally picture it.
Post a Comment