They look like little boys, non?
TONY:
DAN:We should probably plan what we bring to eat, etc. for Sunday. It will be hot and we will be there for a while. What do you suggest?
Our standard picnic is usually some bread, some cheese, some fruit, some juice and possibly some kind of treats.
TONY:
Sounds great. We'll need to get stuff tomorrow night. We can grab a some big baguettes and some cheese. Do you have some cheeses at home? How should we divvy up. Part depends on how early we go which is the big question. It's going to be hot so I'd like to minimize time, but we also need a front row seat. What do you think? I'd rather err towards getting a good spot, and I have a feeling that spots will go fast.
DAN:
Speaking of which, any thoughts yet on where we camp or what time we should get there?But there are variations including sandwiches, roti chickens (a bit messy), chips, etc. We've done hummus, olives, whatever. What do you think? We should do something fairly transportable and not too heavy as, like you said, it will be warm and later in the evening.
DAN:
Yeah, I have no idea. Have you looked for any hints/guidelines on line?
We do have some cheese and we can get some fruit and olives.
Here are some links from previous tours. Sounds like you want to be there at least 4 hours early.
TONY:
We'll find some kind of dessert item. Anything else?
DAN:
Have you picked us a likely location yet?Sounds like we should have plenty between us -- bread, cheese, hummus, pita, fruit, salami, olives, dessert. Should be great!
TONY:
I'm thinking on the Champs (so we can see them going both ways). Maybe we can calculate a spot where some shade will pass over us, which would more likely be the south side (though they are a little faster on that side, but up by the Arc might be nice). Have any kind of games to bring? We have Phase 10. We'll also need to protect our turf right on the guard ways, else folk will crowd in front. And we'll need LOTS of water. We're going to freeze some water bottles and then bring some other water to put in them.
TONY:
We need to make final plans. I can get 4 large baguettes tonight, and we can bring some cheese to combine with your cheese. Does that sound like enough baguette?
DAN:
I think so. Marcia is lobbying for some hummus and pita as well, so we should be good. We're going to also get some fruit and I may grab a bit of salami as well. Do we need anything else?
TONY:
That sounds great. Patti wants to bring a cake but I think the heat will be problematic. We'll see what else we can find.
DAN:
We also have Uno and Phase 10! We'll bring water bottles -- there should, hopefully, be some water fountains somewhere around, and then water won't be a trouble. The blanket will be a big help. Hopefully 4 hours is enough?
TONY:
I'd be willing to play it safer with 5 hours if you want. The riders arrive there about 7:45. We could plan on meeting there by 3. Is that early enough? Of course we'll make a final decision when we meet at church tomorrow.The lovely Ventura family.
Tony looking like he is having a pretty good time... but it is only hour 1 and little Boo is cooling him off with her magic spray bottle.
Ah...the picnic. A fine spread the two gentlemen planned. Hour 1.
Coltran doing a fine job of keeping himself occupied. Hour 2.
Krey also keeping himself semi-happy. Hour 3
Coltran is the first to go.... Hour 4.
The happy Ventura children...cause it's over?
More happy Venturas. Because they stand up for their rights and refuse to watch the post-post and secondary post victory lap.




1 comment:
oh my that exchange of thoughts was hilarious...soooo funny. oh dad is funnier than I thought.
Post a Comment