
You do, don't you? But it isn't young or wrinkle free, is it? Would it be the same if it was?
Last night, dad and I attended a function where we ran into an old friend who is younger than I am. When she said hello, there was something different that I couldn't quite grasp. She looked angry and harsh but it threw me because she was just as friendly as always.
As dad and I were sitting behind the woman he whispered to me, "Did the lady," and he pointed her out, "have some kind of facial surgery? It looks like she was in an accident." Dad could see clearly that she'd had some kind of face-lift/tightening and I thought she just looked angry.
So, what's the point of growing old? Growing, learning, softening with your body and your face. Acceptance, gratitude, pleasure. And becoming as beautiful as grandma.
4 comments:
I do love that face!! Thanks for the posts mom!
Why is everyone so afraid of aging?
You just don't look in the mirror as much and you smile a lot. But life is wonderful and I am proud of the 71 years I have lived. Besides age shows in your hands, neck, and the way you move. Just doing a little face work doesn't help everything else.
Much, much love
mom
I know I love that face and she isn't even my mom!
Post a Comment