Sunday, November 2, 2008

Wisdom, Stature and Favor

"And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man." Luke 2:52

This scripture is`a synopsis of the Savior's growing up. It isn't much but it is an incredible standard to live by. A few weeks ago in the Coronado ward, a new Bishop challenged his ward and myself (since I was there), to use these standards as our own measurement for growth.
So each week or sooner, I write in my journal an evaluation of something that I have heard, done or learned that increased my wisdom. It may be spiritual, economic, philosophical etc. wisdom. It may be that I record a certain book I have read which has helped me to become wiser.

Stature has to do with my physical well being-so I evaluate how I have taken care of my body or improved my eating habits.

Favour with God has to do directly with my spiritual growth- For instance, I was able to record this week that I have been reading my scriptures more deliberately.

Favour with man has to do with my service towards my fellow man.

I love this weekly measurement of my growth!

No comments: