Annika and I went shopping for Christmas presents for her parents and it turned into very careful choosing of candy bars for the whole family! On the way to the candy aisle, we (ha ha) got distracted at the junk jewelry table and Annika fell in love with a tiara hair comb (no that isn't it in the photo--she actually loved all the junk jewelry). I agreed to buy it for her for Christmas. When we got to check out, she headed for the drinking fountain and I paid for it and snuck it into my purse. Now that I think about it, I wonder if she intentionally went to the drinking fountain so I could buy the comb without her aware. Safely tucked into my purse and thinking she didn't remember it, I thought I had the perfect surprise present.
She climbed into the back of the car, I set my purse in front but Annika leaned over and saw the clip in my purse. "Grandma, did you pay for that?" She exclaimed in a kind of accusatory voice. Honestly, it looked like I hadn't and I had just snuck it in my purse. But I had paid and was proud of her that she understood the importance of being honest.
Saturday, December 7, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment