Wednesday, September 12, 2007

A Vivid Dream

This morning I was awoken by the gentle nudge of my daughter. It took a moment to realize my ride over the ocean had abruptly ended.

I exclaimed with joy when describing the magical dream to my daughter: "I was holding on to the end of a flying carpet with my parents and a sister sitting in front of me. The ocean and coastline were alive with people engaged in playful activity. We flew past an airplane structure with a man in old-fashioned flying goggles and scarf. A gust of wind took my cowboy hat made of stiff white lace. My sister chided me for not holding onto my hat. I watched the hat swirl with the wind until it landed perfectly on the head of a child walking in the surf." This is where the dream was interrupted.

"Everything was so vivid and real," I continued my explanation, "It was more real than the Flight of the Condor at California Adventure/Disneyland."

"Perhaps," my daughter suggested, "you had a glimpse of heaven."



2 comments:

mandi said...

how sweet:)

Holly said...

What insightful and lovely children you have!